Monday, March 23, 2009

New Kitchen

As planned, I painted the kitchen this weekend. I'll be adding pictures soon, once I get home to take some :-). It is green, the same color as our living room, and I think it looks much better. It was so much work! We also painted the ceiling, as it was in dire need of a new coat of white. That made the whole process more difficult, but Scott helped me out significantly with that part. We ended up having to do 2 coats on the ceiling, which made it even more time-consuming and difficult. But, it was worth it. I also took the opportunity to clean the kitchen while all the stuff was moved out of it. So everything looks nice and clean now.

Speaking of cleaning, I'm considering hiring a maid service to come in and "deep clean" the entire house. They will do in 2 hours what would take me 2 weeks, and I think it would be worth it. Originally, I wanted to hire a service on a monthly basis, but I got some quotes and that is too expensive. So we are thinking of maybe 2-4 times a year. When two people are working full time, I don't think its unreasonable.

I finished the itineraries for Texas today and sent them to the family. I think its going to be a fun trip! I have a lot of history to read up on before we go, like the Alamo, JFK assassination, and king Tut.

I sent out Evites about a week and a half ago for our 2nd Annual Tindall Cookout, so be sure to remember to reply. I'll send out a reminder as it gets closer, since it is 2 months away now. If anyone did not get their Evite, let me know - I may have used an old email address. Hopefully we will have a good turnout - last year was so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment