Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's Tuesday.

It's Tuesday, which is better than Monday. I got measured yesterday at the gym, and somehow, I keep gaining weight AND inches (the latter indicating that its not muscle). Not a lot, but a little here and there. How does this make sense? I am pretty sure that I'm not eating more, so if I'm eating the same AND working out, why am I getting bigger? It really doesn't make a lick of sense.

So I thought of a couple more reasons of why I hate the Fall.

* It's "that time of year again" - as in, time to get sick. Everyone at work has been getting sick, and I'm just dreading the day when I catch something. UGH.

* No more yard sales!!! This is the absolute worst of all, and I can't believe I forgot it. Each weekend, there have been fewer and fewer yard sales to attend, which frankly doesn't make sense to me because now its cooler outside and a much better time to have one. But whatever.

Fortunately, the lack of yard sales has not affected my ability to find bargains. This past weekend, I got so many good deals. I got an HP Printer/Copier/Scanner (to go with my HP Photo Printer) for $10. We already had a printer, but this was certainly an upgrade. Out with the old, in with the.....used. I also got a pair of CUTE Steve Madden heels for $3 that were still in the box, never worn from what I can tell. And then, the best bargain of all, I got a set of solar lights to put in the garden for $1. There were a total of 7 of them.

This coming weekend is the Field Days of the Past festival. Scott and I have never been to it, but it seems to be quite popular around here, and its very close to our house. So I'm excited to go to it. I think they have old cars, trucks, tractors, etc. Scott will probably LOVE it. And hopefully there will be some vendors and whatnot as well for me!

This past weekend was fun. Anne & Scotty came to visit. We did the yardsales in the morning, then Anne and I went shopping in the afternoon. That night, we had steaks on the grill for dinner, and went to Bogey's to play putt-putt. We were about 2/3's of the way through the game when all the power shut off, and we were in the dark. You can't exactly play putt-putt in the dark. So they gave us some free passes and we headed home. I think maybe we'll use those passes next weekend when Shane & Mandy visit, if they want to go.

1 comment:

  1. You would think people would still have yard sales/garage sales when cooler weather hits to get rid of winter/autumn clothes that others would use. That's great you still found some bargains. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete