Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oh Boy!!!

We got SO MUCH done on the bathroom this past weekend, and its almost done! All that is left are the finishing touches. We have a fully functional vanity and toilet, the shower curtain is hung, the towel bar is up - I'm going out tonight to Crate & Barrel to get some accessories. Who wants to come visit me now? :-)

I went to yard sales again on Saturday morning, and had a great find again. I bought a bag FULL of Creative Memories stuff for 5 bucks. It included a paper cutter, a cutting mat, oval cutting rings w/ blades, stencils, paper, and a few other things. I was thrilled!

Last week, I went to the gym on Monday and Thursday, and planned to go back on Saturday. However, Scott and I ended up at Lowe's and Home Depot on Saturday morning until almost noon, and since the gym closes at noon, I wasn't able make it out there. So on Sunday morning, I woke up early and decided to go for a jog. This is not something I do. I absolutely despise running or jogging, but I felt like I needed to do something since the gym wouldn't open again until Tuesday. So I jogged around the neighborhood for about 15 minutes, making a complete circle starting and ending at my house, without stopping! I was so proud of myself. The last time I maybe attempted to run, I probably couldn't have made it to the top of the street. I don't know what the distance was, but 15 minutes is a long time to run/jog in my opinion. Maybe I'll try it again this weekend. It really proved how going to the gym has put me in much better shape and is making a difference. Now, if I could just lose some weight and some inches, that would be GREAT.

I finished a book this past weekend, Angela's Ashes. It was really good. It's a memoir about a boy growing up in Ireland during the depression era. Last night, I stopped by Blockbuster and rented the movie, so Scott and I watched it. It's the first time we've watched a movie in FOREVER. We were paying for Netflix for like 6 months or more without watching a single movie. I finally cancelled Netflix last week, and sure enough, I was ready to watch a movie this week. Figures, huh? I was surprised to find out that the rental was only 99 cents at Blockbuster.

I've read a lot of books recently for our Book Club at work. Here are the books we've read:
  • Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
  • The Queen's Fool by Phillipa Gregory
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
  • The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken
Each book has been so unique, because a new person gets to pick the book each month. I picked Angela's Ashes this month. Also, each book seems to have a new setting - England, India, China, Ireland - its really interesting to read about the culture in each country. I wonder what the next person will pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment