Monday, July 20, 2009

The Alienist by Caleb Carr - Book Review

The Alienist The Alienist by Caleb Carr


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Set in 1896, The Alienist tells the story of a police reporter who becomes involved in a murder investigation. This isn't just any murder investigation - the city has been attacked by a serial killer. One who targets young boy prostitutes.

While I enjoyed unraveling the mystery along with the narrator, I also felt the ending was somewhat anti-climatic. In the last few chapters, I was awaiting the twist - the twist which I just knew I'd figured out. But it never came.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. It took me until at least page 100 to really get into the story, but once I did, I had to finish. I give it 3 stars.


View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment