Friday, September 25, 2009

Food Poisoning :-(

So the last couple days, I've been battling some food poisoning. I woke up this morning feeling much better, though a little weak from my "clear liquids & gatorade" diet. I had toast and oatmeal for breakfast. Hopefully they will be easy on my tummy. I was thankful that I didn't throw up at all (which is how I know it must have been food poisoning, and not a virus). It was just digestive, so I know it must have been something I ate. Never again will I order a steak & cheese sub from Yossi's Cafe. I was also VERY careful not to get dehydrated this time - last time this happened (which happened to be the night we got home from our honeymoon), I ended up dehydrated in the hospital. So this time, I drank lots and lots and lots of water.

Anyway, on to more pleasant things. I'm very thankful that I'm feeling better, because we are heading to NJ tonight to meet Benjamin. I just can't wait to see him! It's going to be a busy weekend, as we have a lot of people to visit. I'm going to leave it all up to Scott where we go. We need to definitely see his grandmother.

In other exciting news, next weekend is going to be a BLAST. On Thursday night (Oct 1), we are meeting Shane & Mandy in Charlottesville to go see U2! It should be so much fun. On Friday, after work I'm heading down to Durham, NC to meet Amber. She and I have been trying to plan a weekend to "meet in the middle" for a while now, and we finally settled on Oct 2nd. And we randomly chose to meet in Durham, since its right at halfway between both of us. And what are the chances that Virginia Tech would be playing against Duke that weekend AT DUKE? So we got tickets for the game! We are so excited about that. Also, Sue Monk Kidd is doing a book signing at the Durham Library on Saturday night - she wrote The Secret Life of Bees (one of my favorite books) and The Mermaid Chair, and has a new memoir coming out that she wrote with her daughter. So we are going to the book signing :). It's going to be such a fun weekend!

That's about all the news I have for now. Happy Friday everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment