Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't mash the bread!

I remember going to the grocery store when I was a kid with my dad, and I can always remember him saying "Don't mash the bread!" I always thought it was silly, and would tell him "It will still taste the same." Now, as an adult, if there is one thing I cannot stand, its for my bread to get mashed before I get home from the grocery store. I've gotten into the habit of just taking it after they scan it, and carrying it to the car myself. I even put it in the front seat with me so nothing falls on it when I make a turn. Well, yesterday, I wasn't paying attention and the bread made it to the bagger before I could get it. I thought I'd give her a chance and let her bag it for me. When I got to the car, I realized she had place a 12-pack of soda ON TOP OF THE BREAD! I was absolutely LIVID. Never again will the bagger get their hands on my bread. Eejits. "Mashed Bread" is now at the top of my list of Pet Peeves to the right.

So its been a while since I've written. I figured after the novelty of a blog wore off, my posts would become more irregular. But I'm still determined to keep this blog going!

This past weekend, Shannon and Eric came to visit with baby Connor. He's still so tiny! I was nervous holding him because he's so small, and realized that it must take some practice to become comfortable enough to multi-task whilst holding a newborn baby. I couldn't even open the door, because holding him took two hands for me (despite how small he is). Meanwhile, Shannon was doing about 10 things at once and holding him at the same time. I guess that comes with practice. One thing I realized after spending a full day with them was that when you have a baby, your every move revolves around the baby. Every single thing you do depends on when the baby needs to eat, does the baby need a diaper change, etc. Connor has to eat every 3 hours, and it takes about an hour to feed and change him. So they get 2 hour intervals to do other things. It's crazy!

Scott finished grouting the floor last night! So now, he just has to seal it and then we can put in the new vanity, toilet, light fixtures, etc. He's also going to put in some recessed lighting as well. The floor looks awesome! I cannot wait for everyone to see it once its done.

Scott's brother Rob, and his wife Jeanine, decided to start an Alpaca Farm. Jeanine just launched their new website, www.goldenstarfarm.com. You can see some pictures of their alpacas on there - they are so cute! Check it out if you get a chance.

1 comment:

  1. I hate mashed bread too! What an idiot for putting a 12-pack of soda on the bread. I can't believe someone would do that.

    I never thought I would be able to multi-task with the twins then I just learned how. Anytime we had to go someone where I would have to bring a backpack for all their supplies. It was a pain in the butt to go any where.

    ReplyDelete