Monday, May 18, 2009

Cruisin' Ocean City

I'm taking a break from writing about Texas to blog about our trip this past weekend up to Ocean City, MD. It was the Cruisin' Ocean City car show, and Scott's favorite weekend out the year. He'd been working in the garage until all hours of the night for the past couple weeks to get the car ready.

It was a great weekend for the car show. Thursday night we went out to eat at Phillips (which I've decided is completely over-rated) and made it an early night. Scott had only gotten about 3 1/2 hrs of sleep the night before, and he really needed some rest. The next day, we woke up early, had breakfast with Rob & Jeanine, and made our way to the Convention Center to pick up all the registration documents. Friday was a nice day - they had called for possible showers, but we didn't get any. We spent the day driving all around Ocean City to the different venues where the cars gather. I got a lot of reading done while we were cruising around (finally finished the Twilight series!)

Saturday we had breakfast, and went directly to the Inlet. We were there for most of the day, and it was threatening rain for a while, but in the end it held out. It was nice that it was overcast, because it kept the sun off me and it wasn't too hot (although, Scott got pretty badly burnt from not wearing any sunscreen....my SPF 85 worked like a charm). I hung out in the hotel for a couple hours that evening and then we all went to dinner, then cruised around. Sunday, we got an early start coming back because it was raining. I finished another book (The Glass Castle) before we made it home, as the traffic was terrible. It took us 7 hrs to get back, I thought we'd never get home.

Now I'm getting ready for next weekend, for the big cookout! So far, it looks like we're going to have a GREAT turnout. I'm excited, and still hoping the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment