Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Nannie!

Happy Birthday Nannie! You've been in my thoughts all morning, and I even dreamed about you last night. I dreamed I was looking at pictures from a cookout 2 years ago (a cookout that didn't actually exist, mind you...the first one was last year), and you were sitting under a tree in your yellow dress, waving at the camera. I wish we'd done a cookout that year, because you could have been there, and you might have even worn that dress. I miss you!

Scott's trip for next week got delayed, and now he's not leaving until the 7th. We are supposed to go to church with Laura and Bryan that day, so I hope his flight isn't too early.

All my flowers seem to be doing well since we did our landscaping last week. My lilies are about to bloom. I need to prune all the roses and take off the dead flowers - they had a big burst of blooms just in time for the cookout on Monday, and now they are dying off. I wonder when Hydrangeas bloom? Mine has buds this year - last year it did not bloom - and I'm anxious to see how it turns out. Nannie gave me the hydrangea for my bridal shower 2 years ago. She had one in front of her porch that was always beautiful.

Well, it's Friday! Thank goodness. Only a half day today, but a busy one for sure. Hopefully some shopping this afternoon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment