Friday, May 1, 2009

No, I will not send an invoice.

I discovered I have a major pet peeve at work. I really, really, really hate it when someone asks me to send an invoice. I am not an accountant and I do not work in accounting. One of my responsibilities in Project Management is to recognize revenue for the company. I send our revenue recognition sheet to accounting once every week or two, and if anything hasn't already been invoiced that is listed on the sheet, then they will issue an invoice. I had two Project Managers yesterday ask me to issue an invoice for something, and I had to explain to both of them they needed to have the accounting department issue the invoices, and I would recognize the revenue on the next sheet. I have to explain this multiple times a week. I think my head might explode the next time someone asks me to send an invoice for them.

So last night I got the house straightened, and today I have to finish putting things together for the yard sale tomorrow. I still have not checked the weather yet. Let me do that....

Hmm...yes, "rather cloudy with a thunderstorm, mainly later". I wonder what that means? "mainly later"? I hope that means it will not rain in the morning, just be cloudy. Not ideal yard sale weather, but oh well. Maybe I won't put too much effort into getting stuff together.

On a positive note, its Friday and I'm wearing jeans, and that makes me happy. Yay for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment