Monday, June 1, 2009

Awesome Weekend

What a great weekend! It was so good that I don't even mind being at work today. I feel so refreshed.

Friday afternoon, I had lunch at Nordstrom and then shopped around a bit since they were having a sale. I got a new pair of sunglasses and a thin green short-sleeved shrug that I'm wearing today. I also picked up a couple tops and a pair of shorts at H&M. Scott got home early from work (early being before 6), and we decided to go check out the garden swing at Lowe's. I've been debating on getting a swing with A-frame, but the problem is it has to be approved by the homeowners association, and that is a lot of trouble. So then I was thinking maybe we could just get a nice wooden glider. But then this weekend, I decided that better than both of those would be a nice hammock from Pottery Barn. I haven't ordered it yet, but I'm thinking I might.

Anyway, back to the weekend - after going to Lowe's, we decided to grab some dinner at BW3's, which just opened in Short Pump. We got a great parking spot right by the movie theatre, and decided since we actually found a parking spot, we'd catch a movie after we ate. We got tickets for Night at the Museum (Battle of the Smithsonian). We had some time to kill, so we walked down to Barnes & Noble to look around for a bit, then went back and got seats. This was the first time we'd been to a movie in EONS. The last movie we saw in the theatre was Harry Potter - the 5th one. So whats that, a year and a half ago? Anyway, we enjoyed the night out.

On Saturday, I woke up early and hit the yard sales. It was a fun morning. I got quite a few books I'd been wanting to read, and a couple other things as well. No huge bargains to speak of, but still a fun time. I also stopped by the Farmers Market and picked up cinnamon bread and strawberries. When I got home, I fixed french toast with the cinnamon bread and cut up the strawberries to put on top. It was yummy. We cleaned up the kitchen, then I washed my car and watered the flowers while Scott worked on the sprinkler system. I took a nap in the afternoon, then woke up and fixed hot dogs and baked beans for lunch. That night, we went to Atlee Square where all the classic cars gather on Saturday nights. We hung out for a couple hours there, then headed back home to watch some episodes of The Office.

On Sunday morning, we got breakfast at Panera, then stopped by Walmart to get oil for my car. We got back to the house and I cleaned and vacuumed out the inside of my car while Scott cut the grass. We decided to grill burgers for lunch and sat out on the deck. It was at this point we decided we needed a hammock. Haha. He changed my oil while I did laundry, and then we went out for ice cream in the evening. Overall, a pretty awesome weekend, in my opinion. Looking forward to Anne & Scotty visiting next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment