Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just a bit of rambling.

August has been a slow month at work. I've talked to my supervisor about assigning me as the PM (Project Manager) on a new project coming in, but honestly, I don't think he's very supportive of my advancement. He keeps telling me I'll get "the next one", and he keeps assigning them to himself or someone else. He also wouldn't let me take PM training when I asked earlier this year. So I went to my boss (who, obviously, is also my supervisor's boss) and told him I was ready to take on PM responsibilities, and that my supervisor didn't seem to want to give me any contracts. My boss said he will make it happen this month or next. Yay!

The Mystery Noise continues. Heard it on my way to work this morning shortly after leaving the house. I thought it might have had something to do with the heat, but it wasn't even that hot this morning. So scratch that.

Jeanine is due in about 4 weeks. Exciting! I can't wait to find out if we have a niece or nephew.

I've been doing plenty of reading, as you can probably see from all my recent book reviews. Right now I'm reading Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes - what a great book. I remember having to read it in school, and I knew it had something to do with a mouse, science, and a boy named Charlie. Except Charlie is a man. Maybe I only ever read the first few pages, and that's why I thought Charlie was a boy - due to his intelligence level. I don't think I actually read the book in its entirety back then, because I don't remember most of it.

My parents are coming to visit this weekend. Yay! They are staying with Rory this time. We are going to yard sales on Saturday, then doing some shopping and such. I'd like to go to Williamsburg to the outlets, but I'm wondering when William & Mary students move in. If its this weekend, we definitely do not want to go - traffic will be horrible.

Well, back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Classes for W&M start on August 24th. Congrats on your PM duties. I hope things will go well for you in that :) Enjoy the weekend with Anne & Scotty - we will be getting up tile for the most part. Hopefully, we will be done getting it up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete