Monday, August 31, 2009

So many exciting things!

Happy Monday!

It's not very often that I'm excited to come to work on Monday. But this week could potentially be exciting. You see, all year long, I have been working towards a promotion, setting myself up to become an Assistant Project Manager. The issue thus far has been that there wasn't a need for one. But on Friday, my dear cube-neighbor accepted a job in Sales & Marketing, and will be starting his new job tomorrow, leaving his post vacant. His current position is none other than Assistant Project Manager - meaning there is going to be an opening VERY SHORTLY. There are no guarantees, of course, but the truth is that I'm much closer today to that promotion than I was last week. Now I'm just waiting for the right time to go to my superiors to discuss the job.

In other exciting news, Scott has made EXCELLENT progress on the new website! The new website, if you haven't heard, is SightSI.com, a travel website for suggested itineraries. I've started a blog, which is where you will be redirected if you visit SightSI.com now. But soon...VERY soon, I hope, we will be launching the official site. There are still some items to tweak before we go into production (right now we are in the development stages.)  It's funny to say that, because Scott is always talking about "Developement" and "Going into Production" when he discusses his job....now I have a better understanding of what that means.

This weekend, Amy gets married! We are heading to Lynchburg sometime on Saturday. The rehearsal is Saturday night, and the wedding is Sunday night. On Monday, we are making a quick day trip back to Richmond to pack our clothes for GATLINBURG! Woo!!! I can't wait to go on vacation. It's going to be SO FUN. We leave from Lynchburg early Tuesday morning to head down there. So, it's going to be quite a busy week coming up. I need to check the weather.

Well, that's all the news I have for now. Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment