Monday, June 9, 2008

Sweltering

Wow, has it been hot. I think the average “high” temperature since Friday has been 102 degrees, and its humid on top of that.

I spent Friday morning at my doctor’s office, then Friday afternoon at the Urologist’s office. There was speculation that I may have (or had) a kidney stone, but the Urologist did an X-ray and didn’t see one. He said that doesn’t mean that I didn’t have one, but he thinks it was just an infection that got out of control. Nonetheless, he wants to do a CT Scan on my kidneys this Thursday. Wonderful.

The good news is that I’m feeling better, AND I’ve lost weight. I think about 5 lbs. My pants were big on me this morning, which was extremely exciting. So, at least one good thing has come out of all this. Ha!

Mandy and I got a lot of scrapbooking done this weekend, and it was a great weekend for it, due to the heat. I finished up my pages for the cookout, the car show, and engagement pictures. So now I still have to finish the honeymoon (which I’ve already started), bridal showers, and then I can move on to Europe.

Shane, Rory, Mandy, Scott and I all went to dinner at Firebird’s on Saturday night. It was crazy hot in that restaurant, but the food was amazing. One of the best steaks I’ve had. It was a filet mignon wrapped in bacon, and topped with blue cheese and sautéed mushrooms. YUMMY!

On Sunday, Scott did some insulation on the open spaces above the garage, and I did a few more scrapbook pages. We went to a couple stores that afternoon, but it was too hot to even shop, so we went back home to take it easy. I got a few things together for the Yard Sale this coming weekend (thankfully, its only going to be in the 80’s and not the 100’s).

That about sums up my weekend. Hopefully this week is uneventful – or at least free of sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment