Monday, June 30, 2008

One Whole Year!

So its been a while since I’ve blogged – things have been quite busy! This past weekend was our 1-year anniversary – I can’t believe it’s already been a year! We had such a wonderful weekend. On Saturday afternoon, we left the house around 3 pm and made a quick stop at the Shoe Carnival before we headed over to Ray’s Italian Ice for some Rockets. If you’ve never had one, they are great – it’s vanilla custard layered with any flavor Italian ice (cherry is the best). We enjoyed our rockets, then drove over to the Virginia Crossings Resort where we had booked their Romance Package for the night.

We checked in at 4 pm, changed into our bathing suits, and headed to the pool. It felt so good – it was the first time I’ve been swimming this year, and it was very refreshing. We headed back to the room a little later to shower and get ready for dinner that night. We dressed up for the occasion. We got ready a little early, so we decided to take a walk and take some pictures. I’ll have to post a few when I get home. The resort was gorgeous, so we got some really good shots. Dinner was buffet style – crab legs, shrimp, London broil, herb-roasted chicken, vegetables, salad, etc. It was great.

After dinner, we went back to the room to relax. Our romance package included a turn-down service, so when we got to the room, they had left us a bottle of champagne on ice, chocolate covered strawberries, robes were laid out on the bed with truffles on top. We changed into our fluffy white robes and enjoyed our champagne and strawberries while watching movies. It was such a great night, we felt so pampered.

The following morning, we were treated to “breakfast in bed”: Belgium waffles, a fruit plate, bacon, orange juice (mimosas, actually, because we still had champagne left), and coffee. It was delicious. We finished breakfast and decided to pack up and head back home to exchange gifts.

I had registered Scott for a car show in Myrtle Beach in October. For his gift, I printed out the information and made a scrapbook page about the event for him (the traditional gift for 1-year anniversary is paper). He was very excited about the trip! I can’t wait to go myself, because it’s been forever since I went to Myrtle Beach. For my gift, he gave me a scrapbook rolling storage case (also to go along with the “paper” theme). I love it! I can’t wait till the next scrapbook crop, so I can use it.

We spent the rest of the afternoon doing some shopping for our trip to California. Scott was in desperate need of new clothes. Speaking of the trip, we leave on THURSDAY! I cannot wait, it’s going to be a fun time. I’ve planned out our itineraries and everything, and I think we will enjoy it. Hopefully it will not be too hot in L.A., or too cold in San Francisco. I have to start packing tonight so I will not be too stressed out on Wednesday. Yay for California!

By the way, my CT Scan results came back normal, so that was good. And I've also made progress on my Europe scrapbook - finished London and Brussels, and next will work on Paris. Hopefully I can plan a scrapbook weekend when I get back from Cali :-)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a lovely time.

    They have those rockets at the amusement park we went to. They call it something else though.

    Have fun in California.

    ReplyDelete