Monday, June 22, 2009

Great weekend!

We had another great weekend! On Friday after work I went straight home to start straightening up and putting things away before The Maids arrived around 3:00. Scott and I finished up Season 4 of The Office, so now we have to wait for Season 5 to come out on DVD. We decided to watch Gran Torino (awesome, awesome movie) while we waited for my parents to arrive. They were held up due to a bad storm in the Powatan area which knocked a huge tree across Rt. 60. So they didn't get in until about 9:30 or 10:00.

On Saturday, my parents had a festival in Tappohanock, so they left very early in the morning. For the first time all season, I slept-in instead of going to yard sales. I've gotten so many books over the past couple months that I don't have anywhere to put anymore! So I slept in, and then we went to Panera for breakfast. The best thing at Panera for breakfast? Sausage, egg & cheese on an Asiago Cheese bagel. OMG YUM. It's really the best thing, ever. After breakfast, Scott and I headed back home. The weather was so hot on Saturday that there was no point in trying to do anything outside, so I decided to work on our paperwork while Scott worked on his laptop. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon trying to work out why we'd been overcharged for our service for so many months. I'm still not confident that it has been resolved, but I guess we'll find out when we get our next bill.

Late in the afternoon, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. When I got back, my parents were back and Rory had come up, and I fixed spaghetti w/ meatballs for everyone for dinner. We started watching From Here to Eternity, which...frankly I don't see what all the fuss is about over that movie.

On Sunday morning, all 5 of us went to a new church called Shady Grove United Methodist. It's a church I've been wanting to try out for quite some time, and we finally got around to it. It was great! The service itself reminded me so much of my church growing up, even though we were Presbyterian. The church was also bright and airy with a very friendly environment. It seems to be a very active church, with lots of activities for children and adults. I think its going to be the perfect church for Scott and I, so we are pretty excited! It's also only about 5 minutes from our house, which is very convenient.

After church, we went to a restaurant that Scotty chose called Liberty Valence. We thought we would NEVER get seated, and then NEVER get our food. But when we did finally get the food, it was amazing! Apparently, the restaurant's computer system had gone down, which slowed down everything for them. It was a really good brunch that we had. Anne, Scotty and I went to Trader Joe's after brunch - they had never been there before. They got tons of groceries, and I picked up quite a few things myself. After we got back to the house, we had cake and presents for Scotty. They had to get back home after that, so they left about 2:00 or so.

I spent some time reading outside (it was such a beautiful day) then went to Target while Scott cut the grass. Last night we had a nice dinner and watched some tv and he packed for his trip. He's leaving today for Seattle and will be gone until Thursday morning. He's taking the red-eye back on Wednesday night. I hope he doesn't plan to go to work on Thursday. I'm going to be lonely without him here - I'll probably do a lot of reading and watching tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment