Friday, June 12, 2009

What's your hidden talent?

Everyone has a hidden talent, don't they? I'm fortunate that I actually have 2. I can solve a rubix cube, which you could argue is not really a talent, but a strength in logic and memory. But I can do it pretty quickly - not in 90 seconds with my eyes closed, but perhaps in 5 minutes with my eyes open. I have one sitting on my desk for people to play with. The problem is, if its solved, people are afraid to mess it up. And if its not solved, it drives me crazy. Right now, it's not solved - I messed it up yesterday to see if people would be more willing to play with it - but I can't stand looking at it and not fixing it. I must be OCD when it comes to rubix cubes.



My other talent is juggling. I'm not an expert, but I can go for 5-10 seconds. With practice, I could probably go indefinitely. I taught myself to juggle when I was a kid and my parents were professional clowns. I had gotten into magic and felt that any good magician should know how to juggle. A couple weeks ago, Rory, Scott and I were playing Bocce ball in the back yard, and I decided to try juggling with the bocce balls. I suppose its like riding a bike, because it all came back to me, though only for a few seconds at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment