Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here's Lookin' at You, Kid

So Scott has been gone all week, and to fill my time, I've been watching old movies. Last night, I watched Casablanca for the first time in my life. You know, I always thought it was a Western that perhaps took place somewhere near the Mexico border. Or that it was about a white house. I never imagined it took place in a city named Casablanca in Morocco, of all places. Nonetheless, it was a great movie with so many classic lines. The whole movie, I was thinking, "So THAT's where that line comes from!" I enjoyed watching it.

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

After finishing up Casablanca, I decided to watch Steel Magnolias, which I'd also never seen. My mom told me I had to see that movie. It was so sad! I really enjoyed it, though, and the characters were fantastic. You can't go wrong with Dolly Pardon, Shirley MacClaine, Julia Roberts, and Sally Field! Great movie with a sad ending, a true Chick Flick. Sally Field's performance after Shelby's funeral was fantastic, when she has her "emotional outburst". A real tear-jerker.

I should get The Namesake in the mail tonight from Netflix, so I'll be watching that after I do some cleaning this evening.

Scott's flight leaves tonight and he will be back in the morning. I'm so glad. It hasn't been too bad being alone, but I really do not prefer it at all. I used to have no problem being by myself, but I guess I've become spoiled by having Scott around all the time. Simba misses him too, I can tell. He's resorted to being nice to ME. This may be because I am the only one available to feed him. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. My mother LOVES Steel Magnolias. We watch it every time it comes on TV... I think I've only seen it in its entirety twice, but see bits & pieces on a regular basis.

    And Casablanca is fantastic. I only have it on VHS; I wish I had the DVD so I could actually watch it again. I love those classic films.

    ReplyDelete