Friday, October 16, 2009

Finally, a Weekend to Breathe

It's Friday!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned. For the first time in....6 weeks!.....I don't have a thing planned for the weekend, and I'm very excited about it. It's been a busy couple months, and I could use the break! I miss my Saturday morning yard sales, and Sunday mornings at Panera with my hubby. Those are my weekend traditions when I'm actually at home. Although yard sales may be over for this year, especially since rain is in the forecast and its FREAKING COLD. So I'll substitute with my "winter" Saturday morning tradition, which is fixing a big yummy breakfast.

I'm excited! Mandy and I have decided to participate in Fall Into Reading 2009, which you can read about on our blog. We've each made a list of books that we would like to read between now and December 22nd. We'll see how well we do. I am not a fast reader, so I only have 5 books on my list - Mandy has 6.

This past week was lots of fun. Tuesday was my birthday, so my brother took me out to lunch at Topeka's, and he gave me Wii Fit Plus for my birthday. I can't wait to play it - this week has been so busy, I haven't had a chance, but I have a feeling its going to get some use this weekend. Scott took me out to dinner that evening at Firebirds, then we did some shopping at the mall. On Wednesday, we went out to dinner with our friends Laura & Bryan, to celebrate their pregnancy. They were going to find out yesterday if the baby is a boy or a girl, but I haven't heard yet! Last night was full of awesome TV (The Office, Community, Survivor...and I still have to watch The Mentalist and Fringe...I couldn't stay up any later). I believe shopping is on my agenda for this afternoon, along with a nail appointment. I have birthday money to spend :-).

I've been contemplating starting up with my jewelry-making again for the fall, but I can't decide. It's been so long since I've made jewelry, but I've had some interest in the past few weeks, with people asking me about it. It's probably the time of year - everyone is starting to think about Christmas gifts. I considered doing another jewelry party, but I'm not sure it would be worth it. I don't know enough people here in Richmond, and it would be a lot of trouble to do it in Lynchburg. I'll have to think more about it.

Well, the Fall is officially here, in all its crappy glory. (Can you tell I'm not a fan? Go here to read my list of pros and cons of the season).  It's been raining for 2 days now, and it doesn't look like it wants to stop. It's also been COLD. Bleh - I want my warm, sunny weather back!

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

1 comment: