Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!

Last night, Scott and I decided to carve our pumpkins. I had been out at Michael's one night last week, and they had their craft pumpkins on sale, so I picked up 2 of them. I thought they would be easier to carve, and if they turned out well, we could use them again next year. Plus - less mess, right?


I pulled out the Pumpkin Carving Kit that we bought 5 years ago when we first moved to Richmond, and carved our first pumpkins together. He made a ghost that year and I made a witch brewing a pot. I have pictures, but they are currently being held hostage on the Media Center, and I can't access them. Sorry.



Anyhoo. I decided I wanted to make a Hokie pumpkin (GO HOKIES). So I went online and printed out a logo that I could use as a template.

Scott decided to pick a template from our pumpkin carving kit. He decided on a freaky looking bird.

My pumpkin came out, shall I say, AWESOME. Ok, except for the crooked T. But really, that doesn't show up all that well in photos...

OK, maybe the crooked T comes out pretty obvious in photos.

Scott's took longer, because a) it was more detailed and intricate than mine, and b) he's a perfectionist.


Both pumpkins turned out beautimous!


And P.S. - Don't be under the impression that craft pumpkins don't make a mess. THEY DO. You will definitely have something similar to saw-dust all over creation after you are done (unless you are Scott, who managed to keep all the pumpkin-dust INSIDE the pumpkin), but its easy to clean up with a vacuum.

1 comment:

  1. too cute! You two are talented! I want to try those nxt year because I fail at the real ones =D

    ReplyDelete